Colleen Moore’s fairy tale castle dolls’ house. Moore was one of the most successful silent film stars (famous for popularising the ‘Dutch boy’ bob), and she started creating this dolls’ house in 1928. She enlisted the help of professional planners and architects, such as Horace Jackson, the set designer at First National Studios. The entire house can be broken down into individual pieces and packed into specially designed shipping crates, and from 1935 to 1939 Moore took the dolls’ house on tour through the U.S. to help raise money for children’s charities, which proved hugely successful. Moore gave the dolls’ house to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago in 1949.